This is not the only recipe that exists of lentil stew, but it is a version with a lot of flavor and calories to spend the winter. You can make it lighter and even try another type of lentils. But for a more traditional preparation, I followed these steps of Miriam Becker the national weekend.
Lentil, pork and sausage stew
- 400 g of dried lentils
- 300 g of barbecued sausages
- 1 kg of pork breast with bone
- 2 onions
- 1 carrot
- ½ green pepper
- 1 leek
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of meat extract
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 250 cc of red wine
- 1 liter of vegetable broth c / n
- 2 cups peeled tomatoes
- ½ pumpkin
- In a bowl soak the lentils. Strain and reserve.
- Chop the breast in regular portions, place in a hot iron pot with two tablespoons of oil and brown. Season, remove and reserve.
- In the same pot, add onions, carrots and bell pepper in small cubes, leeks in thin slices and peeled and crushed garlic cloves. Cook two minutes, add the cut sausages and pork, add extract and sprinkle with sugar. Season and cook until the preparation is golden brown. At that time, add red wine and let the alcohol evaporate. Top with diced tomatoes and hot vegetable broth. Cook on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add the drained lentils (add extra broth if necessary) and cook 35 minutes. Add cubed peeled pumpkin and cook 10 more minutes.
- Serve in a casserole. It can be seasoned with a few drops of oil of parsley, lemon, salt and pepper.