This article focuses on the reason why people migrate from Outlook Express DBX to Outlook. Along with this, user will get to know about an instant and error free third party tool to convert DBX file to PST file.
We all know that Outlook Express and Outlook belong to same family but, has different codebase. Many users encountered several issues regarding Outlook Express, thus resulting in migration from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook. The major issue is to how to switch from Outlook Express to Outlook. Since, Outlook Express creates a DBX file whereas Outlook creates a PST file. Now, how could we just use random software to convert DBX to PST file without any data loss? Therefore a most reliable tool is DBX to PST converter. It became a user first choice whenever they want to switch from Outlook Express DBX to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016.
Reasons To Move From Outlook Express To Outlook
In this section, we will get to know about various reasons due to which user import files from Outlook Express to Outlook:
- It was available till Windows XP and its previous versions.
- Database gets corrupted because of large size database.
- Since it supports HTML Email, it suddenly gets infected with viruses.
- It does not support MIME to access non-text attachments.
- It does not contain any sophisticated spam filtering software.
- No calendars, journals, task, archive and contacts are available.
Migrate Form Outlook Express DBX to Outlook – Prominent Manual Solution
Because of above listed reasons, user migrates from Outlook Express to Outlook. There are two different ways to import DBX file into PST file. Let us see which method provides a user error free solution:
Method 1: How to Move From Outlook Express DBX Files to Outlook – Manual Solution
There are two different methods to import DBX file into Outlook. First one is used when both Outlook and Outlook Express are on different system. Second one is used when both Outlook and Outlook Express are on same system. Let us see the above two mentioned methods:
- In the first method, copy the store folder of Outlook Express into the new system. Now, import the Outlook Express messages into Windows Live Mail. In the last, export the Windows Live Mail messages into Outlook.
- In this method, select File and click on Import and Export button in Outlook. Now, select Import Internet Mail from Import and Export Wizard. Finally, open Outlook Express and import mail, and check the completion process.
Limitations of Manual Solution to Transfer From Outlook Express to Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013
Though there are various manual methods available to import Outlook Express Files into Outlook but they all have some glitches. Below are some reasons because of which one should avoid using a manual method:
- It completely fails at enterprise level, suitable only for personal use.
- DBX file does not get converted into PST file, only it gets exported.
- Every folder’s DBX file need to be exported, which is time taking.
- There is a high risk of email data loss while performing migration.
- Email headers and other attachments may get lost during transfer.
Method 2 A Professionally Accepted Solution to Switch From Outlook Express DBX to Outlook
As we have seen manual solution is available to convert DBX file to PST file but, it has several limitations. Therefore, we suggest users to opt for a reliable and most trusted solution DBX to PST Converter. Below are some advanced features of software because of which it is being used by professionals:
- Able to convert DBX file into PST, EML, MBOX or MSG file.
- Exports batch DBX into PST keeping folder structure intact.
- To export DBX to PST, Outlook installation is not required.
- Capable of splitting large size PST file during conversion.
- It supports both, Windows and MS Outlook (32 & 64 bit).
- User can view the file in various styles and attachments.
- User can view status of any DBX file or folder by scanning.
Quick Guide to Switch From Outlook Express DBX to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010
1. Load the DBX to PST converter from its installed location and click on Add File.
2. Now click on Select file(s)/folders from file system and click on Next button.
3. Select the DBX file and start the process by clicking on Process Button.
4. Now click on the Email checkbox, to export by right clicking on Export button. User can also select multiple files/folders at a time to export.
Note: On exporting multiple files/folders, user will see a pop-up to select Yes or No.
5. In Export Option Window choose the file format you want to convert your DBX file into.
6. Once the export process completes, user need to save the export report.
7. Now open Outlook, go to File, click on Open & Export button and select Outlook Data File option to add imported data file.
8. User can now see the converted DBX file Emails in his Outlook as PST file.
The post describes all the basic reasons, because of which people migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook. Manual procedure has lot of loopholes and is a time taking procedure. Therefore to overcome those glitches, we suggest users to opt for DBX to PST Converter. It is designed in such a way so that user can import from Outlook Express DBX to Outlook effortlessly. This tool provides an error free, instant and smooth work experience to the user.